Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Maintaining a healthy Ph Balance

Remember when you were in high school science class, you probably at one time or another learned about the Ph scale? The scale goes from 0-14... Anything under 7 is acidic, and over 7 is alkaline? Well, now I'm learning how important it is to try and balance your body's Ph level. Supposedly the more acidic your body is (acidosis), the more it creates an environment that breeds mold, bacteria, and fungus.  This is a main cause of many diseases/illnesses, digestive problems, etc... My personal experience? For a good few months, I made a very concerted effort to eat a LOT of alkaline foods, because it is supposed to both help with fertility (and even more, research suggests that the more alkaline your body, the better the odds of having a boy) So I bought some Ph testing strips to see how well I was doing, and I was still at like a 6! (Ideal ratio is 7.3-7.4) So, you can imagine where most of us are normally at!
There is a lot of research on this topic all over the web so I'd encourage you to check it out.
Here is a site that I think describes Ph pretty well: http://www.phionbalance.com/Discover.aspx, and here is a site with a fairly extensive list of what foods leave an acidic vs. alkaline "ash" behind in your body: http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

2 comments:

  1. This is really good info--maybe it has something to do with all of the stomach issues I've been having for the past few years. I'm going to read up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Hopefully it might at least help?! I was talking to Lizzie about it this weekend as something she may want to look into as well.

    ReplyDelete