Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A little background...

I believe that it is when we are truly at our lowest points that we are forced to "find ourselves." When life is going great, why change...right? My twenties have had some great highs, but also a lot of lows. Raised a Catholic, I've always gone to church, but I can honestly say that I could never consider myself a spiritual person. In the past few years I've learned so much about how this world works from a spiritual perspective and it has changed the way I view everything. I feel that this (as is everything) is an ongoing learning experience so I'll continue to update you on the quotes, books, movies that have impacted me, and further educated me from a spiritual perspective. (You can find them all under the label "spiritual perspective")
One of the things that I've learned to do, in my spiritual training, is to do what you love.. what makes you happy. I've always denied the creative side in me because I was trying to "be" somebody else, but now I've just learned to accept it and "let it flow..." It is like a total release for me to spend hours in my "craft (dungeon) basement" tinkering around and creating/designing new things. I'm hoping someday to be able to use these skills in my career, but I've yet to "hone them down" so for now... I tinker ;) (You can find some of my ideas under "creative ideas")
Lastly, one of the biggest struggles from my 20's has been financial. Most of it was due to some baggage that my hubby had accrued from his prior life, but now it is actually me that is "holding us back." As I previously stated, I live in MI and I had worked in sales/marketing for a company that was heavily reliant on the auto industry... so unfortunately, they had to eliminate my position. My spiritual "training" has taught me to deal with "what is." To stop dwelling on the past, wishing things were different, worrying about the future... deal with what IS. Bottom line is that I've had a lot of experience with finding ways to cut back but still enjoy life. I truly believe that you can still LIVE your life without denying yourself... You just have to think outside the box (which happens to be my specialty)  SO in this blog you'll also see a few ways that I've discovered to cut back and get the most bang for your buck, along with some of the things I've discovered being in the "job hunt." (You can find more of my suggestions under the labels, Saving $, and Job Sitch)
Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. you have an incredibly positive attitude given all the financial struggles you have and are living through - things will get better - and can't wait to see your recommendations for how to cut back, think out of the box and enjoy everything about life!

    ReplyDelete