Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fatten your brain!

Don't underestimate the power of PBS! I've seen some great shows showcasing some of my favorite authors (Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer, etc..) that have been very informative. One particular show that stood out was with Daniel Amen and it had to do with his book "Change Your Brain, Change your Life." Amen has found a strong correlation between many neurological diseases (Such as ADD, Dementia, OCD, even violence) and the brain scans of people that had those diseases (more "holey brain" vs. the brain scans of more mentally stable individuals (more filled in/fattened brain). Very interesting!! I would highly recommend you check out the next airing and tivo!! I'd also visit his site (http://www.amenclinics.com/clinics/) and get his book. A ton of great information that I could definitely not fit into this little blog :) 
A couple things you can do today, however, that can instantly "Fatten your brain" or in other words, give it a little "boost" is to make sure you are taking an Omega-3 Fatty Acid supplement. I take fish oil every day! Also, try to do something that challenges you mentally, like a sudoku puzzle or a crossword puzzle. One site that I love for crosswords is: www.bestcrosswords.com. (I always do the casual interactive one.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment