Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Coupons

Never underestimate the power of cutting and saving coupons. Get a cheap subscription to the Sunday paper, and spend ten minutes flipping through the coupons. I GUARANTEE that in every paper, you will find a MINIMUM of 5-10 coupons for things you buy on a regular basis. A great example is that I have coupons for 1-5 dollars off of any drugstore item I would regularly buy. Revlon will give coupons for $2 off any one of their products. I use Loreal face wash and never buy it w/o going when its on sale and taking a dollar off. I use Oil of Olay lotion and I always use a $3 coupon for that, and I love the Oil of Olay body wash and I just bought it on sale, and with an addition $1.50 off coupon. This is not to mention, you can always find a coupon for an extra dollar off your Tide, or your paper towels/toilet paper…I mean, these are coupons that come on a regular basis, every Sunday. I promise you will see a huge savings by taking a couple min a week to go through.

Also, if you want to get a little more serious about it, I’d recommend getting a coupon organizer that you can carry in your purse. That way, you can organize and store the coupons if you A. don’t need the product at the current moment, but will in like, a month, or B. If you want always carry it with you and, if you have the flexibility to do so, you can wait till its on sale and then you’ll have your coupon handy.

I have divided my coupon book down into certain categories so I can access them when I’m shopping to see what I have (ie: baking goods, frozen products, skin care, health, etc…)

Great website for coupon-users is www.couponmom.com. They actually allow you to look up all the coupons that came out for your area, and they’ll break down what stores will be having those items on sale! (They also have the click through to the  restaurant.com site) One more bonus of coupon mom is that , if you’re willing to download the coupon-printer (doesn’t affect/spam your computer at all) you can get a whole new slew of coupons to print off.

No comments:

Post a Comment