Monday, May 11, 2009

What Have You Given Today?

"As you give so shall you receive"
- St. Francis

Here is a great Q to ask yourself if things are not necessarily going your way:
"What have I given lately?" 

Feeling unloved? Have you been loving to others? 
Feeling unappreciated? Have you shown appreciation for others?
Feeling like you have no friends? Have you been a friend to others?

The basic philosophy is never wrong... "What you withhold from the world, the world will withhold from you." 

So, if you aren't seeing results in a particular situation, whether you choose to be honest with yourself or not, try asking yourself "what am I withholding, or not giving that have created these circumstances for me?"  If you think you're giving all you can, you obviously aren't. It is a basic law of the universe, there's no arguing with it... 

A great example is in your relationships. I know that when I'm not feeling appreciation from somebody, it's because I'm not showing it. So, when I think that my husband doesn't appreciate me, I ask myself, "when was the last time I HONESTLY showed appreciation for him?" There is ALWAYS something to appreciate, to love, to be thankful for. Find it, focus on it, apply it (from the goodness of your heart, insincerity and doing it for selfish reasons get you nowhere) and I guarantee things will turn around for you :) Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! That's why my favorite song is "You Get What You Give."

    ReplyDelete